Wi-Fi Network Requirements
- Make sure you have an internet connection before logging in to TytoApp.
- Always connect to a Wi-Fi internet and use a location that will have a strong WiFi signal (e.g. near your router).
- For security reasons a Wi-Fi password is mandatory.
- Web connection proxy, which requires accepting network terms and conditions, is not supported.
- If you experience poor video or sound quality, make sure your internet connection meets minimum requirements. Please see below:
- Wireless communication standard: IEEE 802.11 N (recommended) / G
- Frequency band: G1: 2.4 GHz only | G2: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- Security Protocols: WPA, WPA2
- Encryption Protocols: TKIP, AES
- Connection speed:
- Recommended: 20 Mbps (download) / 5 Mbps (upload)
- Minimum: 2 Mbps (download) / 2 Mbps (upload)
- To view the current Bandwidth in your Tyto app:
- Click on the "Menu" icon located in the top left corner, and then click on "Test Connection"
- Click on "Internet Bandwidth Test"
- To view the current RSSI on your Tyto device:
- Swipe down on the device, Go to "Settings", and then to "Wi-fi Settings"
- Click on the network your device is currently connected to, and "Network Properties" will be displayed