This knowledge article will provide you the steps to unbox your TytoDevice and the different parts included in the box
What's in the TytoCare Box
- Tyto Device - Includes an LCD touch screen, main processing unit, rechargeable battery, camera, illumination, sensors and connector which is used to mount the add-on devices, and which is held when taking an exam.
- Stethoscope - Add-on for heart and lungs auscultations and measurement of heart rate
- Otoscope - Add-on for ears exam
- Tounge Depressor - Optional tool for throat exam, including a re-usable holder and blades. Blades provided in the box in 2 sizes (not shown in picture):
- 2 adult tongue depressor blades
- 2 child tongue depressor blades
- Tray - Holder for device and add-ons. To be used during examinations
- Disposables (not shown in picture):
- 5 adult disposable ear specula
- 5 child disposable ear specula
- Carrying Case - Stores and keeps the entire TytoHome™ product, including Tyto device, add-ons, disposables. Note there is a designated place on the case top to be used as a mobile stand, to hold an mobile device during examination and online virtual visit
- Charger - Used to charge Tyto device, using the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger
- The device comes pre-charged. If it does not power on, connect the charging cable to Tyto to charge it. Remove the rubber band and connect the charging cable to the charging outlet.
- You cannot perform exams during the charging process. It is recommended to fully charge the battery before use.
- When the device is charging, an orange LED indicator will display. When fully charged, the LED indicator will change to green.
- Store the device charged, and re-charge it once every 3 months. Storing the device when battery is drained may shorten battery life.
- Be sure to connect the charging cable to the charging outlet (see image below), not into the headphones outlet, which is nearby and larger.